Sunday 15 February 2009

Temperature Data Logger

Went to my bird house last Thursday to install a TV monitor to the CCTV system. Before that I have to use a notebook to connect to the CCTV system using WIFI to view the video.

I checked the internal temperature in the bird house and found that the recorded maximum temperature is 29C and the minimum temperature is 27.3C which is within the design specification. However, in order to check the temperature more accurately, I may have to invest in a data logger. A data logger is an instrument that can record the temperature and the humidity level in the room with a fix interval. It could record as many as 5000 readings in the memory.





The recorded data can be transferred into the computer using USB connection and a graph can be plotted using the software provided. The readings will be more accurate than the one that I am using now. But, the price of the data logger is very expensive. It cost about RM400 per piece.

Anyway, I have already ordered and waiting for the product to be delivered soon.

No comments: