Thursday 18 December 2008

My Bird House - after 1 week

Just visited my new bird house this afternoon. The brickwalls are completed and plastering work is in progress. Work is progressing as schedule. Meranti planks have not arrived yet.

In order to maintain the front fascia of the building, the front windows which was stolen were replaced with fixed glass painted black inside. There is a layer of brickwall behind the fixed glass for security. The roller shutter is shut with the brickwall behind. Since my bird house uses an open roof entrance, it is very difficult to know that the building is a bird house if you don’t look carefully.

I advise all bird house owners to spend a little more money to make their bird house look nice in order to blend with the surrounding buildings. Don’t forget that you own the bird house for a long term.

My contractor told me that many people came to look at my bird house. These people are mostly bird house owners in the neighbourhood. Trying to learn some design secret I guess.

Learning to design a bird house is very difficult because you can not learn it from the book. If you want to build a bird house you have to steal the design from some existing bird house owner or the best way is to engage a consultant to design it for you. There is also a third method, which is to attend bird house design course. I know that Nest Tech is organizing a bird house design course on 20/12 to 21/12. The fee is very expensive.

No comments: