Wednesday 31 December 2008

My Bird House - Temperature

Visited my bird house this afternoon. Work is abit slow due to holiday on Monday.

Most of the major works have been completed. The workers are installing the wiring and the tweeters. Others were installing the water piping and doing general cleaning.

When I and my contractor were standing in the nesting area with all the wall and ceiling enclosed we can actually feel the temperature in the nesting area without using a thermometer. While both of us were chatting in the nesting area for nearly half an hour, we realized that we don’t feel warm and were not sweating. The temperature in the room was very comfortable and it showed that the thermal insulation for the nesting area is working.

Temperature is the major concern when building a bird house and I am glad that the design to reduce the temperature in the nesting area is working. This is the first step towards a successful bird house.

No comments: