Saturday 10 January 2009

My Bird House - 4th week

My bird house is completed. The work took exactly 4 weeks. In fact it could be much faster if not for the few holidays along the way.

All the final details are checked. The alarm is installed with a mobile phone SIM card so that it can call me when the alarm trigger. I used a digi prepaid card because the telco allows the card to be actived for 365 days by paying RM30. I added another RM20 standby for the call charges.

Wifi is added to the CCTV using a router so that I could view the pictures from my notebook. I could see the picture from all the 4 cameras in my car without going into the bird house. Technology is great!

Bird sound is turned on and everything is set. The external sound will play from 7.30am to 8.00pm and the internal sound will play for 24 hours using 2 amplifiers alternating every 6 hours.

The next important thing is to test out the external sound for a few days. If it doesn’t work then the sound must be changed. The external sound must be monitored until a suitable sound is found for the bird house.

After everything is done, the only thing to do is to wait and pray. Hopefully the swiftlets will come to stay in my swiftlet hotel.

No comments: