Wednesday 28 January 2009

Waiting

Happy Chinese New Year. I was busy preparing for Chinese New Year and have not catch up with writing the blog.

Many of my relatives and friends know that I have a new bird house. So whenever they see me, the first thing they will ask is “are there any birds in your bird house?” and my answer is always “no, not yet”.

The way I answered them sound slight disappointed. Yes, to tell you the truth. The day when the sound in the bird house was turned on, I was expecting the swiftlets to swarming into my bird house immediately and I was expecting to find bird nests in the bird house within a week. I was so excited and went into the bird house after 2 days but found no swiftlets inside the bird house. The high expectation was little let down.

People used to said that the higher the expectation the higher the disappointment. So after 2 weeks, I felt more disappointed especially when I was constantly been asked “are there any birds in your bird house?”

Now, I have told myself not to be disappointed. It is the actual process and time frame to attract the swiftlets into my bird house. I looked back at the projection in my proposal before I started my bird house; I have only projected 30 nests in the first year. So the time frame is still within the range.

It takes a fruit tree 3 to 5 years to start growing fruits for harvesting. Rearing cows and sheep also require 2 to 3 years before selling them so what is waiting 2 to 3 years for the bird house to be occupied for nest harvesting?

Swiftlets farming is a waiting game. You need to wait for the swiftlets to multiply. At the meantime I shall be playing golf while waiting.

No comments: